Types of data collected and device permission
- Among the types of Personal Data that the Qubic Telecom app collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Usage Data; Contacts permission; Camera permission; Precise location permission (non-continuous); Microphone permission; Phone permission; Storage permission; geographic position; Data communicated while using the service; app information; device logs; device information.
- Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in the case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using the Qubic Telecom app.
- Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by the Qubic Telecom app is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for the Qubic Telecom app to provide its services. Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact us at any time.
- Depending on the User’s specific device, the Qubic Telecom app may request certain permissions that allow it to access the User’s device Data as described below.
- Camera permission – Used for accessing the camera or capturing images and video from the device.
- Contacts permission – Used for accessing contacts and profiles on the User’s device, including the changing of entries.
- Microphone permission – Used for accessing and recording microphone audio from the User’s device.
- Phone permission– Used for accessing a host of typical features associated with telephony. This enables, for instance, read-only access to the “phone state”, which means it enables access to the phone number of the device, current mobile network information, or the status of any ongoing calls.
- Precise location permission (non-continuous) – Used for accessing the User’s precise device location to allow users to share their location with other users. The geographic location of the User is determined in a manner that isn’t continuous. This means that it is impossible for the Qubic Telecom app to derive the exact position of the User on a continuous basis.
- Storage permission– Used for accessing shared external storage, including the reading and adding of any items.
The purpose of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Qubic Telecom app to provide its Service, comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests (or those of its Users or third parties), detect any malicious or fraudulent activity, as well as the following: Device permissions for Personal Data access, Hosting and backend infrastructure, Infrastructure monitoring, Location-based interactions, Contacting the User, Registration and authentication and Managing contacts and sending messages.
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Any personal information that we collect (as identified in the “Personal Data We Collect” section) may be shared with business partners, contractors, vendors, and authorized third-party agents either with Your consent or for business or legal purposes and in accordance with applicable law to:
- Conduct analytics in order to improve the user experience of our Apps and Services;
- Provide support and technical services;
- Operate, deliver, improve and customize our Apps, and Services.
We process Personal Data and store it for as long as required to fulfil for which the information was originally collected.
Therefore Personal Data that was collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Qubic Telecom app and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
We may retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data will be deleted or anonymized.
What information do we collect for e-Commerce
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include Qubic. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work.
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.